Saturday, December 16, 2006

SUBHUMAN


It was not even 0900 and my consultant had asked me to speak to a woman about the importance of losing weight and quitting smoking. This woman is grossly obese and is S.O.B.A.R. And was she scared.

Am I going to die? You listened to my chest just now, what did you hear? I'm not ready to die yet. You can tell me truth. Am I dying?

Nothing makes me feel more subhuman than making a poor woman cry. And I'm losing sleep because of this. I just can't get her voice out of my head. The truth is I was terrified because I didn't know the right things to say. I know the first time around will always be traumatic; my hand actually trembled.

It's going to be really challenging.

And very interesting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home