Saturday, June 06, 2009

WHAT NOW?

Yes, I did drop on all four when I first saw my exam results (as opposed to the more common all limbs up in the air - wait, that's not right but whatever) and it was out of joy and relief; well, more relief than joy but they both relax sphincters anyway and I am babbling like an idiot. Whatever feeling it was, unfortunately it died rather prematurely and I soon found myself rather lost. More unfortunately it didn't just happen to me.

My life has been a massively huge series of choices (and sometimes the lack of choices but one can always argue by sitting back and accepting that there is no choice is still a choice you make - but I refuse to bang my head more than the acceptable daily allowance so I'm not going there) therefore I wouldn't know where to go back in time if I could change the course of my life. Not that it is necessary because anyhing can still happen now. Just take the fucking risk. The reason I don't back up my computer is because I want to justify buying a new one every so few years (plus I'm awfully lazy of course - I can make up excuses but I don't need to lie). A backup life on the other hand..

No, it's not taking off glasses so I can transform into a superhero or a white-collar worker by day and a crime fighter by night sort of life; and definitely not the high school version of life - oh I have a car, I am popular, I get invited to parties therefore I have a life! No. Not in my dictionary therefore not worth discussing. And then along comes the party pooper. Yes, you may go out, throw caution in the air, get AIDS and die, or get run over by a bus, or get married and turned into the younger version of your parents, or find yourself in a circus, or all of the above. Poop.

What is the answer?