Monday, August 16, 2010

AUGUST

When I was doing a medical oncall some time ago, I somehow managed to sneak to the doctors' mess to have a bit of a rest and woke up two SHOs sleeping there - one was Ortho, the other Paeds.

Fast forward, I am that sleeping Ortho SHO now. I should put a warning sign on the door.

'If you're entering the mess past 1 am, you're waking up the Orthopaedic SHO. Please be quiet.'

Yea, you guessed it right. I just finished my first set of night oncalls as the Ortho SHO. Let's see: Did I:

1. Manage to get the Ortho Registrar out of bed because I panicked about managing a patient's fracture? Check!

2. Admit a patient who does not actually need admission? Check!

3. Admit a patient who does not actually sustained a fracture? Freaking bloody check! (In my defence, I couldn't tuft him to medics)

Oy, it's going to be a long rotation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey babe. i'm doing ortho right now too! and unfortunately, I have also done all those. T_T. nway, just wanna wish you selamat hari raya. i know ur a raya grinch...but saje nak wish gak . hehe ^^

shikin

Monday, August 30, 2010 7:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home