Sunday, August 12, 2007

YET AGAIN


A long time ago, I ordered a set of dvds for my sister; for the very first time not through amazon or play.com. I figured if the site is a dot co dot uk, it shouldn't be too bad. A few days later, I was direct debited but the dvds never did arrive; I haven't the slightest idea what had happened to them. So I did what everyone in my place would do; I wrote an angry email to whoever in charge of the site.

Okay, maybe not what EVERYONE in my place would do.

The angry email was only short of the mf word, but it sounded pissed off enough to me. I think it wasn't too bad for a girl who doesn't know much curse words (heh). Naturally, there was no response from the site for 5 days. Assholes. So I sent another email; this one started with a Dear Sir slash Madam and ended with the most polite Thank You and Sincerely, my name. The very next day, I was promised to be refunded within 72 hours.

There's something I can learn from this, but I'm just refusing to.

If you can't get angry with a person you've never met and probably never will especially when you're living in a big city, I mean what's happening to the world? Give me a break.

Or it's just too early in the morning and I'm cranky.

...

I finally finished reading The House of God by Samuel Shem, the supposedly Catch-22 with stethoscopes which apparently every medical student should read. I'd say err yea, give it a go. It's an amusing read but I didn't get much out of it.

Usually I spend my summer rereading all my favourite books (yes, I'm geeky) but since I'm here and they're all back with my family at home; sitting idly on the shelves gathering dust and turning yellow, I have to go out and buy new ones. Any chance to throw away some money, put it on my to-do list will ya. But don't you love the smell of a brand new paperback and the smooth feel of the yet unwrinkled covers? (yes I'm not helping the geekiness)

Imagine being nerdy is the way to fit in in high school instead of being cool. Just imagine.

See nothing comes to mind. It's just inconceivable. However it won't help the suicide rate, and the shootouts will be carried out by the same kind of people anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger SHiKiN said...

yo makcik. aper citer

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:47:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it has never occur to me that reading someone else blog can be this interesting! ha2

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:54:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay..

Monday, August 27, 2007 10:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home