Friday, April 13, 2007

GEEZ


The other day while coming out of the tube station, I saw a man leaning on crutches, one foot in a cast, and he was stopping people and asking for money. Now be it paranoia or whatever, beggars always take me for a sucker. They never fail to ask me for money. Their radar starts beeping madly whenever I am nearby.

I always trigger the sucker alert. It's a special ability. No talents required.

He said he needed to buy a ticket to Barking. Yea, if that ticket comes with booze, I'll believe you. But since he was asking for supposedly remaining 30p, I didn't mind being suckered. Right on cue, after thanking me, he turned around, went out of the station and disappeared into the crowd. C'mon, at least pretend you were going to buy the damn ticket!

I saw him again today, with two girls who were handing him some money. When he saw me, he smiled with a look of recognition. Not mocking or anything, just a smile for a recognized stranger. I had to smile back.
But still, I don't like beggars.

------

Q: If you could get an extra body part, what would be your choice?
I thought it was a silly question until I couldn't decide between an extra brain and a pair of very majestic wings. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger SHiKiN said...

i'll go for a pocket Doraemon. and in there i'll have pintu-suka-hati. pastu boleh pegi anywhere. muahahah

Friday, April 13, 2007 9:12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is so cool! hahah

Friday, April 13, 2007 9:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home