Thursday, March 08, 2007

X


In the effort to keep a someone's confidentiality/privacy, it's standard to use Mr. X or Mrs. X. It's the same when writing up a patient's case history. If you use Mr. A, people might get suspicious and try to figure who the guy might be. And if you use two letters, they might get even more suspicious. A Mr. GH - hm, I wonder who. I wonder if I would marry a guy named X just so I could be called Mrs. X. She's Mrs. X, she must have some sort of superpower.

And imagine naming your kid X. This is my little man, X. Ex? Axe? Noooo, as in X-Men, or X-ray. He's already getting pummelled in the school playground and booking his one-way ticket to prison.

Speaking of superpower, my ever so normal looking lecturer has got one. Boy, was I fooled by her standard blue suit and pleasant appearance. 10 minutes into her Cytogenetics lecture, I discovered she has the ability to stop time. Nasty lady.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home