Monday, February 26, 2007

SPEAKING OF AUTISM


Four years ago, I had the chance to interact with autistic kids. Normal kids make me awkward and uncomfortable. Autistic kids, I like them because they don't bother me so much. That kid who keeps screaming in Sainsbury's forcing me to escape to the other end and having to make an extra round - now this is the kind of kids you should keep in a cage at home.

No, my mommy and daddy did not put me in a cage when I was a kid.

They wanted to buy a cage to protect themselves from us. No, scratch that.

Anyway, back to the autistic kids. Since I'm not so good with children (the others were better so they were playing around with the kids) and I sort of sat on the side. I decided to talk to this one girl who had been standing around not joining in the activity. I thought I would be nice by encouraging her.

I did manage to convince her but when she walked away, she had an obvious limp.

Yea, I'm a jackass. I shouldn't be so pushy. What was wrong with just sitting around and talking anyway? It's been 4 years. Get back to me in another 4 years and see if I still remember her limp.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home