Saturday, March 03, 2007

MOMMY


A standard phone conversation with my mom goes like this:

Me: Hello, mak. How are you?
My mother: I'm just fine. How are you?
Me: Not too bad. How's everything at home?
My mother: Biasa saja. How are your studies?
Me: Can't complain. And your work?
My mother: Hm, apa yang lainnya?

So, who's mommy's girl?? Me, that's who! This is the person I lived with for 20 years resulting in my complete lack of ability to make proper conversation. I'm not blaming her. I love the fact that she's a person with few words.

She doesn't need to say everything. She stays awake until everyone has come home. She remembers the little things that are important to us. She cries. She hugs us all.

Now some people told me there's a show about a mother and a daughter in a sisterly relationship. Totally bitchin' they said. I have never seen the show but I would be horrified if my mother started acting like my sister. Mother and sister should stay in different zip codes, no, absolutely no overlapping.

But I decided to try bitching to my mother one day.

Me: *bitching about my firmmates which I will not elaborate here*
My mother: La, sabarla. Macam tu la nanti bila kau start kerja. You have to play by the rules.
Me: I can't do that! Mak, you don't get the concept of bitching.
My mother: What did you say??

We both pretended the connection was bad.

Happy birthday to you! I love you very much =)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home