Monday, April 09, 2007

HOT


It's too hot to do anything. Can't sleep, can't do my work, can't sit still for long. When it's cold, it's really cold, when it's hot, it's really hot. Perfect weather is just too rare. This calls for a tub of Ben & Jerry's.

What is more satisfying than ice cream in hot weather? Watching 300 at IMAX. Woot! Woot! Sangat cool. (Although how can you get through several battles with just one apple? C'mon!)

And what is more satisfying than 300 at IMAX? Finishing Catch-22 of course! This book got me by the third paragraph. Bakar Harry Potter and Michael Crichton! No, wait. Rip them up first and then bakar guna satu liter petrol.

The other day, I saw this mini Hong Kong art exhibition and my favorite were these rows of enlarged photographs on the walls. For each photograph there was a little story behind it. One of them showed two sets of feet belonging to two women in their 30s, taking the train and their conversation was overheard by the photographer.

It went roughly like this:

A: How do you beat your children?
B: I beat them when they're naughty.
A: Naughty children should be punished.
B: I don't beat the younger one much but the older one I beat everytime he's being naughty.
......
B: I met a man in his twenties. Too young for me. I met another in his forties. No good either.
A: The most important is finding a man you can talk to.
......
A: How is your husband?
B: I can't stand my husband and his family. Always asking too much of me. And he doesn't work enough.
A: My husband is dumb. But he's very nice to me and treats me well.

My friend was not at all impressed and inched her way to the next photograph. I don't know about you but I can't get it out of my head. For one thing, what values were the two women promoting? And can our lives be more different? Here I am blogging and wishing for cooler air, and working very hard to forget the PBLs I have to do; and people on their other side of the Earth are dealing with children and men; family and affairs.

My life, as I have come to believe, is pretty simple.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam Johari said...

my question is... do u draw on a piece of paper and then scan it? or are u using some kind of paint software?

beat your children. they deserve it. and they aren't afraid of it either. just make sure u don't use an iron or some other kind of sadistic weapon of choice.

Monday, April 09, 2007 2:56:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are u so quick? i was still updating and publishing the entry.

uh, i draw on paper and take picture using my phone. can't afford a scanner. miskin T_T

ooooooh u believe in beating ur children? i think its a bit like taking the easy way

Monday, April 09, 2007 3:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home