Wednesday, October 03, 2007

BELASAH KANG

One of the things yang paling cepat I noticed about A&E is that senang gile terasa nak tumbuk muke patients. Or the family members. I know this doesn't sound very professional, heck I'm a medical student what do I care about professionalism yet. Tapi oh my god, tahu la A&E memang busy and hectic; and patients and family members are usually anxious and worried and pushy; but stop being so fucking annoying!

Nurse: Tell them there are 2 patients ahead in the list so the doctor will see their father in about 3 hours.
Me: But they'll kill me for that! *alarmed but sounding very pathetic*

Patient: 2 years ago I went to the hospital because of the same chest pain. They did a whatdoyoucallit a cardiogram and they told me I must've had heart attacks in the past. But how is that possible? I'm still alive. I'm still walking around. I didn't believe them so I just left. So the answer to your question I don't know if I've had previous heart attacks.
Me: ............ *hantuk kepala kat dinding*

Family member: Here, here. Use the one in the antecubital fossa. That's what I used to do when I was practising medicine 10 years ago.
Me: ............ *Sir you have to learn to be subtle, baru la cool*

If like Superman not having an alter ego, and just walks around wearing his ridiculous red underpants (hell, the whole outfit is ridiculous) on the outside, mane cool.

Wish I could hassle people like this 20-30 years from now.

Emergency Medicine is probably the easiest bit of medicine to read on. Because it's fun and challenging. What the books don't prepare you is dealing with all sorts of people you get to meet.